Sherrill Pest Control Job Description
Why join the Sherrill Pest Control team?
Sherrill Pest Control is a locally-owned, family-operated business, committed to our community of customers and neighbors in Central Tennessee since 1975. We love people, and the quality of our work shows it. Here at Sherrill Pest, you’ll be part of an intentional teamwork dynamic, a fun working atmosphere, and on-the-job training!
What’s the job like?
We are currently hiring for a Pest Control Technician. We have full-time positions available, working Monday through Friday, and the occasional Saturday. We are seeking an individual who seeks to serve through relationships, who desires to leave a positive impact, and who strives to be an intentional problem solver. No prior pest control experience is necessary. Employees receive on-the-job training and leadership development, in addition to working with a close-knit, collaborative team and a fun work dynamic!
What you can expect to learn here:
- Customer service training
- Effective communication skills
- Conduct proper home inspections including crawl spaces and attics
- Correct pest control problems by applying product, baiting, and monitoring
- Pest identification
- Product and label knowledge
- Route management
- Time management
Our expectations of you:
- Working at Sherrill Pest Control is way more than providing quality pest control services. You are protecting people’s homes and businesses and interacting with others throughout the day. To do that well, you need a friendly demeanor with a positive attitude. We’re also looking for team players, who desire collaboration with others. We want you to enjoy interacting with customers, since it’s such a big part of the job. A humble attitude and willingness to learn and grow is a must. This job is not difficult, but it’s very rewarding!
What’s in it for you:
- $1,000 hiring bonus
- Starting at $40,000 yearly [$16.00 hourly (depending on experience), PLUS commission and bonus opportunity]
- Comprehensive on-the-job training
- Customer service skills
- Fun atmosphere
- Leadership development
- Paid vacation/personal days/birthdays/holidays
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Come with a high school diploma or GED, a clean driving record and background check, drug-free upon testing, motivation to learn and grow, and we’ll teach you the rest!